- Added support for Vulkan direct-to-display on DisplayPort displays which are connected via DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (DP-MST).
- Added a new documentation file, supported-gpus.json, which exposes a machine-readable list of supported GPUs and features.
- Added an implementation of glNamedBufferPageCommitmentARB, which was missing from the NVIDIA driver's support for the GL_ARB_sparse_buffer extension.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a KDE Plasma session to crash when running under Wayland.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some Swap Group configurations to present at half of the display refresh rate.
- Added a new Connector-N display connector name alias type, with a unique alias assigned to each physical display connector on a GPU. See the README for more information.
- Fixed a bug that prevented X11 EGL displays from being reinitialized.
- The 450 driver series is the last that supports NvFBC's NVFBC_CAPTURE_TO_HW_ENCODER capture interface, which has been deprecated since NVIDIA Capture SDK 6.0 released in 2017. Future NVIDIA drivers after the 450 series will return NVFBC_ERR_UNSUPPORTED if that capture interface is requested.
The recommended way to encode captured frames with NVENC is by using the NVIDIA Video Codec SDK.
- Fixed a bug causing the Plasma desktop panel to freeze when compositing is disabled (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353983)
- Extended the dynamic runtime power management support in the NVIDIA driver to shut off power to video memory under certain conditions. See the chapter titled "PCI-Express Runtime D3 (RTD3) Power Management" in the README for more information.
- Added HEVC 10/12 bit "decode only" support to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver. Note that VDPAU's presentation pipeline and OpenGL-VDPAU interop does not support 10- and 12-bit video surfaces yet. See the "VDPAU Support" appendix in the README for supported HEVC decoder profiles.
- Added support for Image Sharpening for OpenGL and Vulkan applications
- Added new VdpYCbCrFormats VDP_YCBCR_FORMAT_Y_U_V_444_16, VDP_YCBCR_FORMAT_P010 and VDP_YCBCR_FORMAT_P016 for accessing 16-bit surfaces via VdpVideoSurfaceGetBitsYCbCr() and VdpVideoSurfacePutBitsYCbCr() in the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
- Added support to create 16-bit video surfaces in the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
- Added a prebuilt GTK+3 backend nvidia-settings-gtk3.so to the FreeBSD install package.
- Enabled GPU screens by default on X.Org xserver version 1.20.7 and higher.
- Fixed a bug where rendering in a separate user namespace (unshare -U) would show black window and produce Xid 13 errors.
- Removed support for "IgnoreDisplayDevices" X configuration option.